Once you have reviewed your cheap travel options and secured your cheap airplane tickets and discount hotel rooms or cheap vacation packages and have arrived at the airport, it pays to know the healthiest airport food and what food you should pass on,mbt prezzi.
Passengers arriving at airports already hungry often end up eating at fast food spots or airport cafes that serve processed convenience foods full of sodium and empty calories.
Ideally travelers should pack their own healthy meals. However, given time constraints and carry-on restrictions,http://mbtprezzi.webs.com/, picking up food at the airport is the only realistic option for many travelers.
When possible it is wise to purchase whole foods such as apples, bananas, dried fruit, nuts and yogurt for snacking instead of purchasing fast food. Regrettably such food is not always available at airports and sometimes it is not fresh.
Healthy airport food options,http://mbtscarpe001.webs.com/, when available, include:
· Starbuck perfect oatmeal is one of the healthiest airport options with 140 calories, 5 grams of protein, 105 milligrams of sodium and only 2.5 grams of fat. If plain oatmeal does not sound appetizing, consider adding toppings such as dried fruit or nuts, both of which have 100 calories.
· McDonalds premium bacon ranch salad with grilled chicken only has 230 calories (not counting the dressing),http://mbtvendita.webs.com/, 33 grams of protein, and 35 percent of suggested daily vitamin C. Those who need to watch their salt intake should be aware that the chicken strips increase the salt in the meal by 400 milligrams,mbt vendita. By topping the salad off with low fat balsamic vinaigrette dressing only an additional 40 calories are added.
· Au Bon Pain garden vegetable soup is filled with a variety of tasty vegetables and has only 80 calories, 3 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber. This soup in high in salt though, with 1,120 milligrams of sodium.
· Starbucks plain fat free multigrain bagel has only 300 calories, 15 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber.
· Dunkin Donuts egg white veggie flatbread has 280 calories, 16 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber. The sandwich has 10 grams of fat and 690 milligrams of sodium.
Foods that should be avoided at the airport include:
· Cinnabon cinnamon roll has 730 calories and 24 grams of fat.
· A single slice of cheese Pizza Hut stuffed crust pan pizza comes with 390 calories, 21 grams of fat and 820 milligrams of sodium. A regular Pizza Hut slice without extra cheese in the crust only has 230 calories.
· Au Bon Pains southwest tuna wrap contains 800 calories, 1,190 milligrams of sodium and 46 grams of fat.
· McDonalds double quarter pounder with cheese contains 740 calories, 1,380 milligrams of sodium, and 42 grams of fat (as well as 95 percent of the recommended daily value of saturated fat).